Emprise Mobility started life as Mandurah Mobility Products.
Mandurah Mobility Products has been Mandurah’s first choice for “gophers” (mobility scooters), walking aids, bathroom and toilet aids, wheelchairs and more since 1994. Shaun and Carole bought Mandurah Mobility Products (through their family company, Emprise Pty Ltd) in 2005. After years working at the corporate end of town, it was time to make a difference in another way.
The business has seen a great deal of change since July 1, 2005.
- In 2010, as a result of growing stairlift sales, we created Emprise Stairlifts, to provide more focus for our stairlift and wheelchair lift offerings.
- In 2011, we became a Western Australian sub-contractor for the Department of Veterans' Affairs Rehabilitation Appliance Program (DVA RAP).
- In 2012 we leased our first warehouse, rapidly outgrowing it and moving into one twice the size less than a year later.
- Our Perth showroom, opened in Bibra Lake in June 2016, was our first, significant step to introducing Emprise Mobility to Western Australia.
- We became a registered NDIS Provider in 2017.
- In December 2018, after a careful review of where we feel we can add the most value to the community, we decided to close our Emprise Stairlifts business and focus on Emprise Mobility. This part of our business continues to grow and we feel it warrants our full focus. We will continue to offer and grow our extensive range of mobility equipment, daily living aids and other assistive technology but will no longer sell and install stairlifts and platform lifts.
Since our beginnings with Mandurah Mobility products in 2005, our business has expanded to almost every corner of WA. Our customers, once only from the Mandurah/Peel area, are now all over Western Australia - from Kununurra to Esperance.
From Carole and Shaun on owning and operating Mandurah Mobility Products - "We are very proud of the contribution Mandurah Mobility Products, and now Emprise Mobility, has made in so many lives. The decision to throw in safe jobs to buy Mandurah Mobility Products was scary at the time; only slightly less scary than opening in Perth, with a new name suitable for the Perth market. We are so thankful for the confidence and loyalty our Mandurah customer community have shown us, and that they helped us grow enough to take our products and services to a wider audience. It was a tough decision to open in Perth under a different name. However, all the advice we received was that it was the appropriate thing to do. We've clung on to the Mandurah Mobility name in Mandurah for four years since opening in Perth, but it has reached the point where the two business names are confusing our customers. So, in recognition of our growing customer base throughout WA, we've made the decision to completely rebrand our mobility business to Emprise Mobility."
In 2020, we will retire the Mandurah Mobility Products name, rebranding the Mandurah store to Emprise Mobility. Needless to say, this has been a difficult decision to make given the length of our history with Mandurah Mobility Products. However, the two names are now causing our customers confusion. "Mandurah Mobility Products" will always be a very big part of who we are.