COVID-19 and Emprise Mobility – Showroom Visits by Appointment
To enable us to by manage the number of people in our retail showrooms at one time (to help keep our customers and staff safe during the COVID-19 situation), Emprise Mobility is moving to “by appointment” in our showrooms.
To support this change, we are also:
- Strongly encouraging phone, email and video conference consultations.
- Changing our weekday showroom hours in both Perth (Bibra Lake) and Mandurah to 9am to 4pm.
The showrooms will continue to open on Saturdays between 9am and 12 noon (other than published, long weekend closures such as Easter).
With the latest recommendations from the National Cabinet, we anticipate an increase in the number of customer interactions by phone and email and the reduced showroom hours will allow us to provide the best possible service. We will continue to review our showroom hours and appointment schedule as the continuing impact of COVID-19 unfolds.
We’re working to roll out an online booking facility as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please phone or email us to make an appointment to visit one of our showrooms or to schedule a telephone consultation (using the Phone and Contact buttons above).
Background to the changes:
On Sunday 29 March 2020, the National Cabinet issued strong advice for self-isolation at home to the maximum extent practicable for Australians:
- over 70 years of age;
- over 60 years of age who have existing health conditions or comorbidities;
- indigenous Australians over the age of 50 who have existing health conditions or comorbidities.
These groups were advised to limit contact with others as much as possible when they travel outside. (The above being for their own protection; there is no implication that they are sick.)
National Cabinet also agreed to limit both indoor and outdoor gatherings to two persons only.
The age group recommended to limit contact with others as much as possible represents a significant proportion of Emprise Mobility’s customers.
Typically, in a showroom or in-home setting, we work closely our customers.
- We spend substantial time with our customers.
- We work closely with our customers demonstrating and setting up equipment.
- There are regularly several people involved – our staff, the customer, a therapist and one or more family members or carers.
Emprise Mobility has already implemented processes and policies to protect our customers and staff, and to slow the spread of COVID-19. However, the latest National Cabinet recommendations have encouraged us to take further action to ensure we’re doing the very best we can to support the health of our staff, customers and the community during these exceptional times.
Moving our engagement model in our showrooms to “by appointment” enables us to best manage how many people are in the showroom and to give each customer our full focus.
By appointment visits to our showrooms, more detail
How many appointments at a time?
At the outset, each showroom will book a maximum of two appointments at a time.
- With our spacious showrooms, there will be ample space for good distancing.
I am immunocompromised; can I book the whole showroom?
If requested, we will book only one appointment if an individual is immunocompromised. We will minimise all interactions with staff.
How many people can be involved?
We know that the process of learning about, trialling and selecting appropriate products sometimes requires extra support – from a therapist, carer or family members. To enable this while still protecting all concerned, we will limit the people associated with an appointment and ensure that only two are working together at a time; anyone else will be required to keep distant and only be involved (one on one) as needed.
Maximum people associated with a visit = 4
- Our staff member.
- The customer.
- One family member or carer.
- One therapist.
However, only two people will be working together at a time. For example:
- Our staff member and the customer.
- A therapist and a customer.
- Our staff member and a therapist.
When we have two bookings at a time, they are to be well distanced in the showroom.
Based on the above, we will have a maximum of 8 people at a time in each of our retail showrooms
- Mandurah – 210 square metre showroom
- Perth (Bibra Lake) – 300 square metre showroom
Other staff in the buildings who are not able to work from home will be working separately, one per office.
How to make an appointment?
We’re working on an online booking system. In the interim, please phone or email to make a booking.
What if it is urgent?
If you have an urgent need, please call and we will slot you in if we can, or try and make alternative arrangements (e.g. come to you). We will make every effort to meet your needs.
Keeping Our Staff Safe
If we are to visit you – part of our process to book a service, trial or pickup/delivery will include enquiring if the person we will be in contact with has or is suspected of having COVID-19 or is in Isolation.
As per Department of Health recommendations , if the individual we will be visiting is unwell and has or may have COVID-19 or is in Isolation, we will only visit if
- it is essential
- there is no alternative approach
- appropriate precautions can be taken, including appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by both the individual and our staff member
- interaction can be minimised